A Big Beautiful World is a website and blog dedicated to providing resources and support to people living with weight issues. Here you’ll find a central place for all sorts of information about living a better life, regardless of whether you’re battling your weight or not.
Obesity does not have a one-size-fits-all solution. It’s a complicated problem and simple diet and exercise programs help only a few people. If you’re not one of them, and you’re sick of all the crap people say about you and to you, and if you’re tired of going down the same path over and over, only to find that it still doesn’t work – then this website is for you.
You will get from this website:
- Step-by-step guides teaching new skills that will help you stop feeling miserable about your weight. Learn how to be free of self-hatred and that conviction that you’re hopeless and a loser. These skills will put the power back into your hands to live a happier life.
- A library of easy to read articles about how the body works and how it deals with food and exercise – essential information for anybody with weight problems
- Updates about any new scientific discoveries concerning the causes of weight gain or weight loss.
- Resources from around the world to provide you with beautiful clothes designed for larger people. Just because you carry extra weight, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be able to wear a stunning outfit and walk out your front door feeling like a million bucks!
- Articles from professionals covering all sorts of areas, from psychology to exercise, from dieticians to doctors. But unlike medical websites these articles will focus on your needs, and won’t be filled with dire health warnings that just make you feel bad.
Who is Mackenzie?
Hi, I’m Mackenzie, and I’m the person behind A Big Beautiful World.
I live in Melbourne, Australia, and I work during the day as a manager in the solar power industry. I have a beautiful dog called Sam (a hyperactive Border Collie) and I’m currently studying part-time for a Bachelor of Arts in history and politics.
I’m also a writer. I’ve published 7 books under the name of Kate Jacoby – look me up on Amazon. The other great love of my life is travel. I’ve lost count of the trips that I’ve done, but there’s always more amazing places in the world to explore.
I’ll tell you something else about myself – I’m fat. I can see you’re shocked. I’ve been fat for more years than I really want to think about. I’ve had weight issues my whole life, even when I wasn’t actually overweight. I’ve been on almost every diet known to woman, including most of the really bad fad diets. I’ve lost weight from time to time, but never enough, and never kept it off. Instead, I’ve only put more weight on to the point where now, I’m bigger than I’ve ever been before.
But not only am I fat, but there’s not a day goes by when I wish I wasn’t. Alas, wishing has changed nothing. Having done all the usual stuff, I decided instead to try to learn more about my weight, in the hope that I’d find an actual solution. I’ve always been convinced that there was one. That may just be wishful thinking, but I’m okay with that. I’d rather try than just give up.
Along the way, I’ve discovered some deeply shocking truths about obesity, and a few about myself. It’s really opened my eyes to just how complex an issue it is, and goes a big way to explaining why I’ve had so much trouble losing weight and keeping it off.
So that’s why I’m here. I’m still learning and I have a lot to share with others who, like me, are still searching for a solution that works. Having quality information helps – it certainly helped me.
Learn more about my own journey by going to the My Story page.